6 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Web Design Agency
Hiring a web design agency can be a daunting task. Whether you have had a bad experience with a previous web designer, or you are ready to build a brand spanking new site, there are questions to ask when hiring the right agency partner.
- What services do you offer? This is critical. While a team specializing in web development is great, an agency able to offer more services to help drive traffic and conversions for your website would be ideal. Depending on your needs, web development, hosting, copywriting, e-commerce solutions, and digital marketing services such as social media, SEO or PPC management are examples of services you want to make sure they offer They are different services requiring very different skill sets.
- How do you price your services? A web design agency is very different from hiring an individual to design your website. With an agency, you expect to get the whole shabang. From analysis and strategy, to design, development and management, you need to make sure you are covered. Ask what team members are involved with the project, timelines, and how they bill for web projects. Is it a flat rate with a detailed agreement? Is there a clear process for billing for extra features and other out-of-scope activities? The more transparency up front, the less unpleasant surprises down the road.
- What is your business structure? There are two types of agencies: one will have a team of in-house professionals who are with you every step of the way; the other type of web design agency outsources or contracts freelancers for most of the heavy lifting. Depending on what you’re comfortable with, this could be a deal breaker.
- What is your process in creating a new website? The website development process typically includes five different stages: discovery, design, development, implementation and evaluation. Prior to design, an experienced agency will analyze your existing website’s data, evaluate competitors, and identify your website’s strengths and define areas of improvement. The discovery process typically begins with a series of meetings to identify the required core functions, understand the end-user journey, custom integrations, and how the design will support your company’s business and branding objectives.
- How will my project be managed? A successful website is founded on phenomenal communication, a proactive project manager and a team of highly skilled designers, developers and marketers. There should be clear guidelines provided to you regarding who you go to with any questions or concerns, and how often you should be receiving updates throughout the life of the project.
- Do you get good feels? From beginning to end, you should fully understand the agency’s methodology for web design projects and be confident they can deliver exactly what you need. Don’t forget that you should actually want to work with their team. Good vibes are important on intricate projects such as your website. If you get the heeby jeebies from the team you’ll be working with – run. And run fast.
Your web agency is more than your developer, they are your digital marketing partners. Your website should support your business goals. Make sure you choose the web agency who works to build with you, not just for you.
Ready to create a killer website? Give us a call. We are among the top Phoenix web design companies & we’d be happy to discuss your project with you.