At Gate6 most of our clients initially come to us with a pretty good idea of what they want out of their brands. In fact, most potential clients are already engaged in full business operations, and simply want solutions to help them improve and get to the next level. At this stage the word branding usually does not sound like the greatest idea.
For whatever reason, there’s just something about the word “re-branding” that strikes fear in the hearts of even the most savvy business owners. There is a general stigma that re-branding means a company has to start completely from scratch. But I’m here to say, confidently in fact, that a “re-branding” effort does not necessarily have to be a start from scratch process. You shouldn’t have to reinvent the wheel every time you want to change something about your brand.
To better illustrate this point, I have some examples of websites we’ve redesigned here at Gate6. You’ll notice that in both of these examples it’s the detailed adjustments that make the difference. At the end of the day, it’s not always about creating from scratch as much as it is about reinterpreting what already exists.
AZ Luxury Lawns looked like any other synthetic lawn provider in Arizona. There was no clear difference between them and their competition. Their site design and communication weren’t living up to their luxury name. So, through re-branding, we achieved renewed focus on the highlights of the Arizona Luxury Lawns brand, including:
1) Product that was top of the line
2) Service level that left you feeling pampered
3) A luxurious look for your yard with a low maintenance life
Kinematics is an international manufacturer of a critical component to large machinery that helps it twist and rotate securely without disruption. Through re-branding we determined that the growth of the green energy movement provided a new marketplace for these components — solar and wind energy. With this marketplace focus and the need to differentiate its products from the cheaply made, unreliable Chinese goods flooding the market, we created a site that:
1) Focused on the cutting-edge solar and wind energy marketplace with striking visuals
2) Used CGI video to illustrate the product’s application
3) Gave certifications and testing procedures to back up the 30-year claim and showcase the sophistication of the company’s manufacturing processes
4) Offered the site in five languages to give it a global presence and make it accessible to a large portion of the world’s population.