At Gate6 we’ve always been big on video. In fact, we’ve used video extensively in the past to showcase the personality and culture of our team (see, told you). However, over the past year we’ve really started to ramp up our video department and thanks to resident Visual Mastermind Mark Knoles and his trusty sidekick Video Virtuoso Susan Tan, our video team has become somewhat of an ace card for our agency. (Take a look for yourself.)
Like most people who find comfort behind the camera, neither Mark nor Susan were anxious to be spotlighted, but I was persistent nonetheless. I had them answer a few questions in the hope that I’d get better insight into what makes these two click and what inspires their work. Check it out.
1. If you could describe the Gate6 video department in one word what would that word be?
2. What kind of videos is Gate6 capable of executing?
Mark: 2D & 3D motion graphics and animation, interviews, corporate videos, product overviews, and more
Susan: I think the strength of our video department is that we are able to produce videos that tell a creative story.
3. If the video department were an animal what would it be?
Mark: We’re so dramatic!
Susan: An orange flying dragon.
4. What are your favorite types of video projects to work on?
Mark: All of them!
5. If your video style were a cartoon character which would it be?
Mark: Watch this!
6. Of all the videos we’ve done so far, which has been the most challenging?
Mark: Project Treasure. It was definitely a unique and creative challenge.
Susan: The most challenging video for me was the motion graphics piece for Pouchpop, it was my first full after effects animation piece, so it took me a little longer to complete.
7. Of all the videos we’ve done so far, which has been the most fun?
Mark: Take your pick, it’s always fun when our clients love the work we do for them.
Susan: Our Christmas video was the most fun because we had such a great time filming it. Editing was also fun because the goal of the video was to make it funny, so I had some great laughs assembling the footage.
8. Where do you see the Gate6 Video department going in the future?
Mark: We’ve got big ideas and plans for the future, and constantly providing high quality service for our clients is always our top priority.
Susan: I see the Gate6 Video department producing videos for national brands and commercials in the future.
Check out our Video Production Services & see how we stand apart from competitors and engage customers on a new level with professional-quality video production.